👉🏻 Learn how a well-defined brow can alter your appearance
Look More Youthful
Beautifully-groomed eyebrows are a lesser known anti-aging secret. As one of the first things people notice when they look at you, no amount of makeup can atone for bad brows. What properly plucked brows can do is give lift to your face and make the eyes appear larger and more youthful.
Frame the Eyes
The right eyebrow shape can frame and flatter the eyes. The wrong one can make you appear aged, tired, or angry. However, there is no one “right” eyebrow shape. Establish the right brow shape for you by examining your face and eye shape. Current brow trends may also play a role in the shape and thickness of your eyebrows.
Refine Your Look
Without regular maintenance, your eyebrows can appear bushy and unkempt. In contrast, a well-groomed brow can create a polished look that enhances your appearance. Even without a drop of makeup, a woman with well-kept eyebrows will typically appear more clean and refined.
Balance the Face
No human has a perfectly symmetrical face but most of us aim to have one. Eyebrows that are unsymmetrical can throw off your facial balance, making one eye appear larger than the other or changing your entire look altogether. Well-structured brows that are more symmetrical in nature are pleasing to the human eye.
Eyebrows have the power to completely change the look of the face by correcting minor flaws such as small eyes or eyes that are too far apart. The right brow shape can add length and definition to your face. It can also draw the eyes to the upper portion of the face to distract from imperfections on the bottom portion.
Alter Your Face Shape
While you can’t change your face shape, you can modify your eyebrows which in turn alter how your face shape looks. For example, a flat eyebrow shape tends to shorten the face shape. Therefore, women with longer faces may choose a flat eyebrow shape to create the illusion of a shorter, more balanced face.
Below are some helpful tips saving your eyebrows👇🏻
- The oval face shape takes kindly to most any shape of brow, but to maintain a softly arched brow (think Beyoncé) will accentuate the prominent cheekbones and gentle jawline.
- If you have a long face, you should shape your eyebrows to be more flat. This will essentially “break up” the face at the brow bone and create the illusion of a shorter face.
- If the width and length of your face are nearly the same, and your chin and jawbone aren’t as defined, you have a round face. If this is the case, try shaping your eyebrows with a high arch in order to lengthen your features. If you have a rounder brow shape, your whole face can appear rounder, so a killer arch is the way to go.
- For those of us with square faces, prominent jawlines are our most visible features. In order to balance the harshness that can overtake your face with this type of jaw, slightly arched or softly curved brows are the most effective shape. By maintaining a bit of arch, your brows don’t detract from your jaw, but instead act as a gentle counterbalance.
- A heart-shaped face is characterized by a wide forehead and a pointy chin. For this shape, long brows with a very gentle curve are the best way to detract from the pointy-ness of the chin and “break up” the forehead.
- Brow shape is based on a few key factors: arch, length, and thickness. Whatever shape you decide should act as a nonsurgical facelift by detracting from your least favorite features and drawing attention to aspects of your face that you like the most.
Eyebrows have been in the spotlight more than ever recently, and for good reason. Well-groomed brows act to frame the eyes and highlight your best features. In fact, strong brows can make you look put-together on a makeup free day.
✨ Stay Tuned!